Friday, April 4, 2014

Las Vegas trip Day 0

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted on the old blog, but now I have something interesting to talk about. Tonight we leave for a trip to Las Vegas to visit my wife's parents who live out there most of the year.

So far the trip has started with a bang, and our flight doesn't even leave for 8 hours. Yesterday both Lisa and I came down sick. Lisa got tested positive for strep throat, and although I didn't test positive, I insisted they give me a prescription to bring with for the trip. Then last night it REALLY hit. I haven't had a night of feeling that sick in a long, long time. I was seriously starting to plan how I'd just get Lisa to the airport alone and stay back in Minnesota for the weekend.

By this morning things have healed up quite a bit, and I'm back on track to make the plane flight. As Lisa was stating, the worst case is that I end up needing to recuperate more in Vegas... next to the pool... in the sun...

Which brings up the other interesting aspect of this trip. We got a good 7-9 inches of snow last night around here. Today has been an absolute mess on the roads, and so we're going to have to plan to get to the airport pretty early. So far our flight is listed as only delayed 15 30 minutes, and hopefully it will stay that way.

If all goes as planned my next blog entry will be from Nevada where the high will be in the mid 70s all weekend long.

No comments:

Post a Comment