Sunday, January 26, 2014

The streak so far

So as of January 1st I started a running streak, meaning I would run a mile every single day for as long as I could. So far I've been almost perfect in my attempt. I had one day where I had some serious bronchial issues, spent 2 hours at the doctors trying to get a prescription for a steroid so I could breathe. That evening the steroid kicked in and I managed what was probably close to a mile of moving around the house, up and down the stairs, moving furniture. So in the truest sense I have missed one day in my streak so far. However, every other day has been accomplished. 

Two things that are interesting to see about this streak:
1. My pace is naturally getting faster. The other day I did 3 miles at just over 9 minute miles. That's faster than I've been in quite a while.
2. My monthly milage is higher than it has been in a long time. Even though most of the days I'm only running one mile, the cumulative total is getting very high. In fast, I'm only 8 miles shy of beating my highest month of running in 2013. I'm still nowhere near 2012 monthly totals, but it's a good start to the year. With only 6 days left in the month I'll need to do 2+ miles a couple days, but I think I have 2013 beat easily. 

So far I've been injury free, and mostly ache and pain free. The only issue is that sometimes my feet are tired, but considering I also use a standing desk at work, that probably shouldn't surprise me too much. If I need to sit at work a bit more that won't be the end of the world. 

So here's to keeping the streak alive another month!

No comments:

Post a Comment