Thursday, September 19, 2013

An amazing wedding weekend

This past weekend I came to the culmination of a journey that began a year ago. I married a woman who is a beautiful match for me. We held our wedding in the chapel at our parish, with a beautiful solo cellist playing Bach's Solo Suite #1 in G. The entire day went perfectly, and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. The flowers showed up on time, and the photographer was amazing. All of our friends and family were beyond helpful, and really showed us how much they cared for us. The deacon gave a wonderful homily, and we got to include our loved ones who have passed on in the special prayers of the day.

After the wedding, some of us went to a local taproom that has some great backdrops for photos. It was a great time and a great way to unwind before the reception dinner. When we arrived at the restaurant everything was in motion and taken care of with an amazing and helpful staff. The food was amazing, and our best man and maid of honor gave wonderful tributes to us. I then got to top it all off by surprising Lisa with a video I made of pictures of our journey together.

By the end of dinner Lisa and I both started coming down from the high of the day and realized just how exhausted we were. By the time we got to the hotel that night, half-way to Duluth, we collapsed into bed, content and happy from a wonderful celebration. We then spent the next few days hanging out on the North Shore, visiting Gooseberry Falls, some great restaurants, and some wonderful beer. We even found an awesome new soda shop that sells over 500 different types of pop.

Now that we've arrived home we're both still slowly coming down from the emotional high, but happy to be starting a new life together. It's been an amazing year. If it wasn't for some good friends I would have certainly messed it up and passed up on the opportunity to marry a woman who is more loving and caring than I've ever experienced in my life. I feel remarkably blessed to have Lisa in my life now, and I'm working hard to be the man she deserves and treat her with the respect that she is due.

So as this new chapter in my life dawns a new, I want to say a thanks to all those who have stood by me over the past few years, and who are willing to support us as we continue to grow in our life together. Here's to the next chapter of life, may this happy beginning be just a foretaste of the amazing future in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment